Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Across and Through Milford


I remember sleeping outside one night in Milford. I was pretty cold, but I had a great sleeping bag. There was a tiny little hold in the top of my sleeping bag, and around 3 AM, a possum came and stuck his face and mouth into the hole! It scared the living Jesus out of me… man, I’ll never forget that one. I love sailing through the fjords of Milford! I’ve done this a few times now, and there is always something new and a different kind of light. I think a lot of people are disappointed if they get to Milford Sound and it is raining. I would not feel that way if I were you because things can perhaps be at their most dramatic! There can be a ton of little waterfalls and crazy clouds even in the middle of the rain. So don’t let the rain dissuade you from taking the boat out and about!

No comments:

Post a Comment